Hi. My name is Randy Valdivia López. I live in Costa Rica. I am currently 18 years old and have no idea what compels me to do this.
My english level is no very high, so you can expect a lot of gramatical errors, mispelled words, etc.
I'm not a good writer either (well, I think), the only wrintings I have ever done were a couple of stories (they were more kind of short tales) that I wrote when I was 8 to 12 years old. I used to believe that when I grew up I would retake them, make the story the hell of a lot more interesting, give it a proper ending and see if I could make something out of it.
Back in 2010, when I was 15, I told to myself "You know... I think I should at least give it a go and try to finish it"
I did retake it. The original writings were still somewhere around and so I begin. Longstory short: I wrote aproximately 10-15 chapters, and quit. The new version would be pretty big and I thought of making 7 books out of it. The notes with the characters names,backgrounds, the order of the events and stuff like that are lost to this day since almost a year ago. I'm not really good with names, so I took a look to the ever-trusted internet and look for them (in latin or something), and the main character's name was going to be Cervus, wich has to do something with the color red.
The other writing was an essay that I did for my last high-school year (read: 2013), I HAD to do it, because if I did'nt I would be doing 5th grade spanish this year all over again. So, they gave us 5 different subjects that were affecting the society of my country. The first thing that came to my mind was "Goverment Corruption". In Costa Rica, at least 5 times a week you see something about it in the news. That is, if you do watch the news. "See? That what happens when you stay in your room playing Chrono Trigger or haging out with your friends you stupid asshole, now pay for it!" I told to myself. Of course, being the lucky bastard that I am 50% of the time, one of the subjects in the test had the title "Bullying in the children of our society". I got the highest grade of all of my generation, but of course I did not get any kind of recognition because I did not got one-fucking-hundred, like other students got in biology, math, etc.
Anyway, this blog (if I ever continue with it) is not going to be related to any of the above mentioned things (well, if I retake Cervus' story I'll told you about it), rather, I'll talk about the things that I like, be it videogames ( well I did metion a videogame above), books that I'm currently or have already read and music that I like (or do not like) to hear.
If something get to happen in my life (not that anybody cares about it) I would write some of it here. Also, you should know that I'm doing all of this from my cellphone (not the greatest piece of tecnology) so most likely my posts won't have images, and if they do have it will be two images tops, so almost all of what you get to read here will be simple, boring text (that is if you don't like to read).
So if anybody took the time to read all that, thanks a lot and I hope you come back regularly to see new entries (again, if I actually get to do them).
Saturday, March 15, 2014
Well, now that I'm here...
Labels:
Introduction?
Location:
Central America, null
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment